KitchenAid stand mixer Tips:
We use our stand cake mixers when we need them but sometimes they need some adjustment. They work properly when there is a proper contact between the balloon whisk, flat beater or dough hook and the bowl.
Misalignment can be appears in two different ways:
- The very first one is – you can see some unmixed portions of butter and sugar at the bottom of the bowl after finish the creaming. Or
- You can see egg white when you beating 2 or 3 eggs, as the balloon whisk barely touching the bottom of the bowl.
If you see any of the problem, you can search your kitchenAid manual for the solution, you will find title ‘Beater to Bowl Clearance’. If you don’t have any or lost your copy, then you can find in KitchenAid website.
Now we will see how to adjust. We will discuss two model here:
Titl Head Stand Mixer
KitchenAid mixers are already adjusted so that the attachment can clear the bowl bottom area. If you find is NOT, then you can easily correct the clearance.
- First of all, disconnect the power or unplug the stand cake mixer.
- After doing that, turn off the speed control.
- Now the question is where you will find the screw so that you can solve the problem. Answer is – Tilt motor head back and you will find the screw (clock wise right to lower the beater and counter clockwise left to raise the beater).
- After you find the screw, make the adjustment you need. But remember not to over adjust the screw, if you do so you may not be able to lock the stand mixer’s head.
A-Screw to make adjustment